Linda C. SpevacekBack
Ms. Spevacek has been a consultant in commercial real estate for several years. In 2003, she merged her lines of business with Bartram & Cochran after numerous collaborations with the firm over the past twenty years. Prior to the establishment of her consulting practice, she spent fifteen years in commercial mortgage investment at Aetna and several years in banking. Her areas of expertise include institutional transactions and portfolio management, strategic analysis, and professional presentations. Her experience encompasses virtually all property types, including a unique expertise in biotechnology laboratory space. Ms. Spevacek is also experienced in alternative asset classes including commercial mortgage-backed securities, construction lending, litigation support, and REIT financing.
Representative assignments include:
- Conducted developer interviews for the private sale of an 800,000 SF industrial and biotech park
- Designed an investment program, prepared marketing presentations, and underwrote commitments for a multi-million dollar biotech laboratory investment fund
- Conducted a strategic alternative site analysis and developer RFP process for a biotech company expansion
- Designed, prepared, and coached management on a successful presentation to a well-known rating agency for an institutional investor
- Audited contractor expenditures for a private limited partnership, leading to over 50% reduction in claimed reimbursements
Ms. Spevacek has substantial direct institutional investment experience. While at Aetna, she served as Regional Director for a $4 billion commercial mortgage portfolio. She also was an advisor to loan officers on large and complex troubled assets and was a member of a strategic task force to research the potential for outsourcing, spin-off or management buyout of the real estate mortgage and equity investment portfolio. Throughout her career, she has underwritten commitments for literally hundreds of transactions totaling several billion dollars.
Ms. Spevacek is active in several industry organizations including The Real Estate Exchange, the Real Estate Finance Association (REFA), and the Commercial Mortgage Securities Association (CMSA). Additionally, she is on the Board of Directors of TheaterWorks and is an involved community and school system volunteer.
Ms. Spevacek received an M.B.A. from The Anderson School of Business, University of California at Los Angeles and a B.A. from Colorado College.