Maura M. Cochran, CRE, SIORBack
Ms. Cochran joined with Maynard Bartram to form Bartram & Cochran in 1987 and has worked in the real estate industry for over 30 years. As the principal of the woman-owned firm, Ms. Cochrans areas of specialty include due diligence analysis, adaptive reuse studies, marketing plans, litigation support, and corporate relocations. Before joining the firm, she was Vice President and Director of National Accounts for The Farley Company in Hartford, CT, where she received numerous Top Producer Awards. Her experience also includes contract design and construction management for Richard Gordon Interests.
Representative assignments include:
- Analyzed over $6.5 billion worth of real estate-backed credits for MBIA
- Provided strategic planning services and implementation for The Hartford Insurance Group for a 100,000 SF call center in Oklahoma City as well as a 148,000 SF expansion of its corporate offices in Hartford
- Completed strategic planning analysis for all of The Hartfords national claims operations
- Advised on the adaptive reuse and disposition of surplus real estate for the State of Connecticut
- Completed market positioning studies for New London, Hartford, and Stratford, CT
- Provided litigation support in a lawsuit involving large-scale development project
Ms. Cochran’s ties to the local and national real estate markets are strong due to her active involvement in several professional organizations, giving her excellent access to market information and professionals nationwide. Her involvement includes The Counselors of Real Estate (CRE), Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR), and The Real Estate Exchange, where she serves on various national and regional committees for each.
Ms. Cochran is the co-author of several industry texts and teaches nationally on consulting, tenant representation, and business development. She is a licensed broker in Connecticut, New York, North Carolina and Georgia. She serves on several local Boards, including the Greater Hartford YMCA and the Hartford Art School.
Ms. Cochran holds a B.F.A. in Architectural Design from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.